Thursday, March 29, 2007

Summer Heat

Since I have been working on something I can't yet show you, I'll share a piece I completed last summer and tell you a bit about how I did it.

This was done with Prismacolor colored pencils but, by choosing to draw on black mat board, I had to draw most of the piece in white first, then lay all of the color over that. (Red and orange colored pencil do not show well on black without the white underpainting or grisaille.) It was then burnished with solvent and more drawing was done; I had to do this several times to achieve the color intensity I wanted. Finally, I covered the entire piece with a coating of acrylic matte medium.

This piece is framed and available. E-mail if you are interested.

"Summer Heat"
colored pencil
10 1/2 x 13"
(with frame and mat 18 x 20")
$375.00

No comments: