Wednesday, December 3, 2008

WIP - Final Portrait Series




Portrait
12 x 14"
colored pencil on Bristol vellum
Finally finished with this one. I never keep track of the hours I've invested in a drawing (tried but am terribly poor at keeping count), but I know this one has taken a long time. I've enjoyed every minute of it, though.
I have another commission on my table right now (actually a series of 3) which I hope to show you soon but can't until delivery as they're a gift.
If you are a colored pencil artist, you should know that the CPSA has released the prospectus and exhibition information for the 17th annual Internationl Exhibition in Atlanta next year. The deadline is March 31, 2009. Check out their website here. Remember, you have nothing to lose if you submit an entry into the show, but won't win anything if you don't.


4 comments:

hbedrosian said...

Wow, Rhonda - what a beautiful portrait! I love the softness of the hair and the background, and the skin texture is so smooth. The step by step was very interesting, too!

Nothing to See said...

This is a beautiful portrait. You did a fabulous job. (I have trouble keeping track of time too.)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job! I love how you've handled the hair and blurred the background.

Anonymous said...

That's just incredible - how on earth did you ever have the patience to do the hair like that! Amazing.