Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Tropical Daydream













After working so long and hard on "Teddy & Me" and "Aviators", which are both very realistic pieces, I needed to loosen up and "play" a bit.

I had one goal when I started: portray a warm, tropical feeling. No specific place or time; just the feeling. Today I was able to take a mental vacation from my larger drawings and from living in Ohio in March. Nice....

This was done with inktense pencils, watercolor pencils, ink and colored pencils on 140 lb., cold-pressed watercolor paper and measures 8 x 11".

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Rhonda - I popped over after you commented on my site and I am so impressed by your work! Wow!

I can't wait till you do the "timeless beauty" series - the other two were just so beautiful.

Rhonda Bartoe Tucker said...

Thanks! Actually, another "timeless beauty" is next on my list.
Rhonda