Friday, September 28, 2007
Thursday, September 27, 2007
Colored Pencil Drawing
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
- Inventory and catalog my work
- Take new work to the framer
- Spend time with the printer, proof and order prints
- Design and order new marketing materials
- Keep track of financial matters
- Schedule commissions
- Prepare and package prints for resale
- Package and mail e-bay orders
- Constantly pursue and follow up on new opportunities to display my work
And that's just the basics. There's so much to do and many of us spend 30 to 50% of our time on this stuff. Not fun, but necessary.
Nevertheless, it is all worth it when I get to spend hours and hours making art. It's the best job I've ever had and I love it!
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Monday, September 10, 2007
Thursday, September 6, 2007
- Three calls from potential commissions - of course, all by Christmas. (But THEY are on time; I love the calls I get a week before. As if!)
- I have accepted a wonderful opportunity to participate in an art crawl in my own little suburb. Great idea and great opportunity. What was I thinking that I could pull an entire outdoor show together in two weeks. And during an Ohio State football game, no less! But it's coming together.
- I have been approached to teach a class for colored pencil drawing. Scares the bejeepers out of me; but I probably will step up and do that, too.
- I have been asked (and I accepted) the challenge of helping to set up a blog for our Columbus Short North Arts District. I accepted this challenge early in the spring and I KNOW I must have had a martini when this happened. BUT, I can do it!
- Oh, yeah, and just making art for all the shows I have coming up as well as for this blog! (Which I'd rather just be doing all the time anyway!)
- I have also agreed to supply snacks for one of the Monday night soccer games for my son.
When is the next holiday?