Wednesday, May 30, 2007

"Respite" - New Work In Progress

Last week I started a new rather large (18 x 20") colored pencil drawing I am calling "Respite". My sister, Cynthia, posed for me several months ago and I got some great reference images including this one. This piece is also part of my "Beauty at Any Age" series of fabulous women, (not girls!)

I will be participating in an art demonstration on the street this weekend at the Gallery Hop in the Short North Arts District and will be working on finishing this piece while there. I had to make one large enough for milling crowds to see. If you are ever in Columbus, Ohio, on the first Saturday of the month, you should venture out to the Short North and take it all in. Wonderful!

Of course, I think my sister has is very beautiful and always has been (except when we were really little and fought all the time!). She is only a few years behind me in age and when I look at her, I like to hope that I, too, am aging as wonderfully as she is.

Respite - Phase 1


Respite - Phase 2

No comments: