Friday, June 1, 2007

With-Draw

"Respite" - Phase 3
colored pencil drawing
18 x 20"
I am having WITH-DRAW. That's one of my words for not having the time to draw at all for a while.
It's been a busy week for me with all the "artsy busy work" as I call it: taking pieces to the framer, taking pieces to the photographer, setting up an appointment with a printer, talking to shippers, filling out forms for new show entries, filling out forms for current shows, writing new artist statements for current shows, getting ready for a demonstration, designing new promotional pieces for myself and our gallery, etc., etc.
Most people don't know that a HUGE amount of an artist's time is spent on this kind of "busy work". However, if you want to be an artist, you have to learn to love this part of the job, too. And I do. I just have to deal with "with-draw" from time to time.

No comments: