Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Weekend Flashback





Current WIP

Short North Arches

16 x 20"

Colored Pencil on Ampersand Pastel Board



(I love working on this piece! I am trying a whole new process here, at least for me, and I'll let you know exactly what I've done when it's complete. I am kind of finding my way along on this, so check back.)


Saturday night was my 30th high school reunion. What fun was had by all (some had a little more fun than others!), but I think we enjoy seeing each other more as we all "mature" (I won't say "age"; no, no, no!) and are each more comfortable in our skin.


Many had parents they were caring for or had recently lost, most of us have kids (but not all), and most of those kids are grown or still going through that painful process, and some of us are grandparents. We all have some wrinkles; most have a grey hair or two (unless the expert colorist at the local salon has worked some magic) and we just don't give a damn what anyone used to think of us anymore. It only mattered that we were still getting together, remembering and laughing about what a joy it was to share our youth with each other.

1 comment:

Serena Lewis said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time, Rhonda. Thanks for sharing this WIP...it's always helpful to see the process. I love the addition of the orange tones on the lower right. :)