Monday, October 29, 2007

No Pain, No Gain

"The Last Dance"

ACEO Original Colored Pencil Drawing

2.5 x 3.5"

SOLD


Because I have recently begun working out at the gym with my girlfriend and workout partner, we decided to attend a new class tonight. The class is called "Super Butts and Guts" - should have been a clue.


The class lasted for a painful hour: the first half of the class, the "butts" segment, was designed to make it almost impossible to walk anytime soon without a limp and next to impossible to lower oneself gracefully onto a toilet seat; and the second half, the "guts" part, was planned to keep all participants from sitting upright from a prone position or from coughing without a spasm.


At one point, my friend and I looked at each other and decided that the feeling was reminiscent of labor pains (which I wanted to share with the only man in the class, but he already looked about ready to cry, so I left him alone). I also decided that, if offered, I would have accepted an epidural to finish the class without saying "Oh, my God" over and over again.


Anyway, my friend and I decided that, as in childbirth, the outcome is always worth the pain. (It's better be.) We plan on going back next week.

No comments: