Monday, October 22, 2007

What's in a Name

An Autumn Couple
ACEO Original Colored Pencil Drawing
2.5 x 3.5"
SOLD

I have been thinking that the name "Fall" for this season should be officially changed to "Go" season or at least "Run Yourself Ragged" season. It is by far the busiest time of the year, especially for women, and triple that if you're a mom. Here's some of my reasons why:

  • School starts. Papers, papers, papers to fill out. Dates to keep track of. More papers to fill out and sign. Fees to be paid. Unnecessary stuff to be sold. Parties to plan for and be prepared to help out/attend/chaperone. Teacher meetings. Fund raisers. I have been doing this for 25 years (yes, 25 years straight!) and I will not miss this part at all when it's all over. No sirreee.)
  • Football. In our town, you do not plan anything on a Saturday in the fall, unless you check the Buckeye schedule first.
    Soccer. When our son plays on a Saturday, it's the only occassion the Buckeye schedule comes in second.
  • Art shows and art fairs. They keep me hopping and I love 'em.
  • Commissions. Everyone wants theirs before the holidays and preferably before the framer gets too backed up.
  • The Holidays. We all know what kind of work that brings. Gads.

So once we change the name of this season, let's change "Winter" to "Take a Long Rest" season or "Tropical Vacation" season.

1 comment:

Serena Lewis said...

A beautiful 'couple' indeed, Rhonda....you work magic with coloured pencils and I hope that one day I will be able to master them as well as you have. Do you have a paper preference?