Thursday, October 4, 2007

Out on the Street

"On the Rocks"
Original Colored Pencil Drawing
(on prepared watercolor paper)
4 x 7"

SOLD

This Saturday I, and three of my compatriots from Studios on High Gallery, the artists cooperative gallery to which we all belong, will be making art on North High Street in the Short North Arts District in Columbus, Ohio. The art demo, which we do several times a year, is called "Hop Art" to coincide with the district's monthly Gallery Hop.

Joining me will be:
  • Jeff Shaw, my dear friend, is a professor at nearby Capital University, and fabulous creator of large abstract paintings. He also makes humorous, pen and ink character studies. (These are my favorite and I own two; I hope to get more!)




  • Debbie Jackson is a gifted master of her craft of polymer clay jewelry making. She is also the author of Polymer Clay Jewlery. Debbie is working on her second book about using metallic mediums with polymer clay, a technique she will be demonstrating on Saturday. Her jewelry is amazing!


  • Tom Harbrecht, a founding member of the Ohio Plein Air Painters Society, and painter of landscape paintings predominantly set in the mid-west. His paintings are full of light, atmosphere and draw you deep into the work; he's a master of his craft. I want Tom to teach me how to create landscapes like that one of these days.




I can't wait to hang out with these people this Saturday. We're all a little nervous because we're all more than a little introverted and are out of our comfort zones, but feel better when we have each other for support. AND, we're doing that "getting out there thing" to promote our gallery , each other and ourselves. Ain't we something?



We'll be there from 4 to 8 p.m. I'm going to work on a drawing on pastel board of the Short North arches, the area's most striking landmarks. I'll blog my progress on that later.



If you see us, please stop by and say hello!

No comments: