Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A Winning Day


















Oh, yes, we are on vacation for two weeks in Hilton Head. So, I will be posting periodically (as our Wi-Fi connections permits....grrrr) and whenever I can take time away from all the fun, sun and son.
Yesterday our resort scheduled a sandcastle/sculpture contest which Cameron was very eager to enter. He was confident we had it locked down, but we took the time to sit down in the morning and plan our project carefully since we knew there would be a time limit during the competition. We have seen families in this contest before and we knew that, without a plan, chaos reigns. So, Cam came up with a brilliant plan (as seen in the sketch above) which we tackled brilliantly during the 45 minutes of competition. We even allowed Dad to help (he is not artistic at all, so he was relegated to hauling water and packing sand).
For our planning, strategy and effort, we were awarded first place and received certificates for free ice cream! We think our castle is wicked good.
Oh, and as for me, my oldest son called later that evening to tell me that I had just received notice that I had won first place in an art competition, too. (I'll tell you more about that later.) So, it was truly a winning day.



2 comments: