Tuesday, June 12, 2007

New for Me: ACEO's

"Respite" - Phase 9
18 x 20" colored pencil

Here's the next phase of my WIP, "Respite". I know you are probably as eager as I am to see it finally finished. But it's a very large piece for me and I have a little boy home with me now (see previous post!) so I hope you will bear with me.


I am leaving soon on vacation for two weeks and have decided to try something new for me, ACEO's, Art Cards, Editions and Originals. They are small 2.5 x 3.5" drawings which I plan to do on my trip, as well as hopefully taking some swell reference photos. Maggie Stiefvater, my new art guru and motivational blogger, suggested that I start doing them, and based on Maggie's success with her work, I'll so whatever she says! (Check out her blog; this woman is very entertaining.)


So stay tuned and I hope to have my first ACEO done tomorrow, unless I am taking a small boy somewhere "not boring".

No comments: