- Inventory and catalog my work
- Take new work to the framer
- Spend time with the printer, proof and order prints
- Design and order new marketing materials
- Keep track of financial matters
- Schedule commissions
- Prepare and package prints for resale
- Package and mail e-bay orders
- Constantly pursue and follow up on new opportunities to display my work
And that's just the basics. There's so much to do and many of us spend 30 to 50% of our time on this stuff. Not fun, but necessary.
Nevertheless, it is all worth it when I get to spend hours and hours making art. It's the best job I've ever had and I love it!