Friday, September 28, 2007

Helping Others (or how to not feel sorry for self)


"The Long Walk"

ACEO Original Colored Pencil Drawing

2.5 x 3.5"

SOLD


It's true that the best way to feel better about your own situation is to help others who may be struggling more than you. Therefore, it is time for me (and you) to revisit and follow up on one of my earlier blog post about Kiva, the wonderful organization that allows you to make direct loans to people trying to better their lives in third world countries.


I have made loans to three women, close to my age range, all with children and working very, very hard to support a lot of people in very, very poor circumstances. Poverty we cannot even imagine.


These ladies are very strong and very brave. My loans have been so small for me, and so big for them. I don't even miss that money. If they pay it back, fine, I'll make more loans; if not, fine, too.


If you want to see my "gals" check out my Kiva lender page. Or better yet, get your own "gals"!

No comments: