Friday, July 11, 2008

On the Cover!


Short North Visitors Guide
My recent colored pencil drawing, "Short North Arches", was chosen as the cover art for the official Short North Visitors Guide. (The Short North is a beautiful urban renewal area in Columbus, Ohio, full of galleries, restaurants, pubs and some unique and one-of-a-kind shopping.)
Five years ago, I used to day dream about being an artist (in my mind and others), showing my work somewhere and most especially in the Short North. Well, those daydreams and others have come true (not without some scary, jump-into-the-void moments, though).
This guide had an initial printing of 60,000 copies which are distributed to our local Convention Center, local hotels, local shops, and the airport! Some little exposure for me, huh? What's even better, though, are the kudos I am getting from my peers and friends in the Short North. (That's the real cherry here.)
Now, gotta go and daydream some more......







4 comments:

Quilt knit said...

I left a comment on the Dandelion. I am so glad you are posting again. My son Brilund went to Istanbul, Turkey, for vacation. He is just back. I am going to have him transfer or print out some of the photos for me to work on. He brought back a double knotted rug. It is to die for. I am drawing it on Ampersand board. Your Short North piece is excellent.
Take it slow. Give up nothing. If it is to be, it will occur. I am Pisces. Enjoy the changes.
Relish in that cover. I hope you have several copies stored. I did not get one. I am not close enough.
Boo Hoo!
((( Circle of calming Hugs)))
Sherrie Roberts

Serena Lewis said...

OMG, Rhonda, that's great! Your art looks magnificent on the front cover! Congratulations!

Btw, I chose your blog to receive an award which you can read about over on my blog. Please don't feel obligated to participate as it's certainly not expected, however, feel free to collect your award any time.

Marsha Robinett said...

Wow...Congratulations!!

This is just great and love the painting...well deserved. I've always been drawn to street scenes, just beautiful.

Carlynne Hershberger, CPSA said...

Hi,
Just saying hello to a fellow CPSA member and congrats on the cover. I found your blog on the list of member websites. I'm looking forward to going back and reading your posts.
Carlynne Hershberger