Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Unable to Translate

"The Vigil"
ACEO Colored Pencil Drawing
2.5 x 3.5"
SOLD
This morning, in the pouring rain, I saw my last child onto the bus for his first day of fourth grade. My, time does fly. For weeks I couldn't wait to get my studio time back, but I missed him terribly today.
However, I should have known what to expect when he came home. (For any of you who have sons, you may have had similar conversations):
Me: "How was your day?"
Him: "Okay."
Me: "Do you like your teacher?"
Him: "She's okay."
Me: "Did you make any new friends?"
Him: "Nobody does on the first day."
Me: "What did you do today?"
Him: "Stuff."
Having an older son should have prepared me for this, but I still can't get used to it. My husband responds in much the same manner. Could be that Mars thing. Ah, well, I am sure I sound like a chattering monkey to them, being from Venus and all.

No comments: