Thursday, March 10, 2011

A New Name




"My Neighbor's Fence"
colored pencil
14 x 20"

Still at it. Getting prepared and competing in the Art at the Arnold sidelined my progress a bit. But I have been working steadily on this drawing all week.

One of the great benefits of blogging is that you receive feedback from your readers. One reader, much more savvy than I, let me know that my original title "Poison Ivy" would not be a good idea as the ivy I am drawing is something else entirely. And since I have no idea what it is (I am not a gardener), I have changed the title to "My Neighbor's Fence". I am rather pleased with it, too, because it's such a great metaphor for having good neighbors (which we do).

So, thank you, readers for keeping me in line and for your feedback. I really appreciate it!

7 comments:

Sadami said...

Dear Rhonda,
So lovely and beautiful! Thank you for sharing the process.
Kind regards, Sadami

Anonymous said...

It sure looks like Virginia Creeper (in the fall) to me. I love the stuff! This is coming along nicely. Beautiful work.

Anonymous said...

It sure looks like Virginia Creeper (in the fall) to me. I love the stuff! Once when I was trying to collect some for my place,(it was late evening, and light wasn't too good) I accidentally gathered some poison ivy along with the starts I was collecting. I sure paid the price for that!!! :-)

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful drawing, Rhonda. The colors are luscious. Thanks for sharing your process.

Unknown said...

Looks really good.

Dee said...

I just saw your completed piece in Ann Kullberg's Members Show. It's beautiful! Are you using wc pencil or just regular cp? Very nice, sharp, and crisp edges.

Anonymous said...

Just saying hello. Here from Texas